Hi Roland,

I never could get it to pull from SVN (svn://se-scm.oracle.com/se/ml3/trunk/orion/apps/helpdesk). My workaround was to create a similar directory structure on the same linux box as Continuum, and upload the POM's there (but it doesn't have to be the same machine). I created this new set of directories under the http root area for apache (i.e. apache/htdocs). Then I could give Continuum a url like this: http://wd2013.us.oracle.com:7777/pom.xml and it would then pull in my project and sub-projects. I realize that you didn't install apache.

To make things easier, I also created a shell script to do the copying of my POM files from their checkout location to the htdocs directory as I was always making some kind of change.

I'm new to Continuum, so I hope that there's a better way to do this.

Thanks,
Chris

Roland Klein wrote:
What i forgot

releasing the project with Maven from the command line works fine.
Also accessing the subversion repository with "svn ls svn://<host>/<project>/trunk" works.

But there is no http access, because i am to lazy to install apache with svn_mod to acess subversion when it is working with svn://

Thanks
Roland

Roland Klein schrieb:
Hi All,

i'm having trouble to add a project with modules to Continuum providing an URL.

i tried following URL's:
scm:svn:svn://<host>/<project>/trunk/pom.xml
svn:svn://<host>/<project>/trunk/pom.xml
svn://<host>/<project>/trunk/pom.xml

scm:svn:svn://<host>/<project>/trunk
svn:svn://<host>/<project>/trunk
svn://<host>/<project>/trunk

in each case i got the error "[ You must provide a valid url ]"

First i searched the mailing list and found some older posts like following:

http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=3104276&framed=y&skin=177

In this post Emmanuel Venisse stated, that the scm through the svn protocol will be supported in a future version, ok this post is from Feb 24, 2006, so maybe obsolet.

Then i found this from Feb 19,2007

http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=9042261&framed=y&skin=177

there Emmanuel refer to the Maven 2 URL format definition (http://maven.apache.org/scm/subversion.html).

So my questions are, do i have to specify the filename pom.xml in the URL? Should i build Continuum from HEAD, to get latest version, and in this latest version is the svn protocol supported?

My env:
- Windows 2000
- Maven 2.0.4
- Continuum 1.0.3