Hi Holger,

> well, I get a jar-archive, but this doesn't execute!

Then you don't have a main class reference in the jar's manifest...?

See
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/examples/executable-jar.html

> I think, I can't
> include other archives in a jar file for execution as they ar not
> accessible
> by the class loader. I hve to make them "flat" or include them as separte
> jars in the classpath. I have done this before, but I wanted to avoid just
> this.

It should be enough if your jar file has a "Class-Path" section in its manifest
where all used references (i.e. other used/necessary jars) are listed.

HTH

Thorsten