Quite simply, the archetype provided by ServiceMix has a problem --
this is not a Maven bug/issue. Please utilize the ServiceMix support
channels to get this resolved. If you check their bug tracker, it is
quite likely that they are already aware of this problem and will
resolve it themselves.

There's nothing we (Maven Users) can really do to help resolve your
problem, short of someone here who has an interest in JBI
BC/ServiceMix taking their broken archetype jar and fixing it for
them/you. Or if you had more time/interest, you could fix it for them
of course.

Wayne