Hi Phil,

You helped me with the most important part (sorry for not reading the
manual page).

I used the following additional options:

 -DgeneratePom=true
 -DcreateChecksums=true

and now the pom and md5 were generated and when I scp ed the new
structure over from local to shared repo
all became well again.

BTW I think someone should add an FAQ entry regarding "[DEBUG] Skipping
disabled repository" or "why is my module not being found in my repo".

Thanks again for the terrific help.

--
Regards,
Farrukh