Version ranges are known to be somewhat broken in Maven 2.0 right now.
Here's a bug I filed:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2210

Wayne

On 3/29/07, Mirko Leschikar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I couldn't find that question here yet, so I am gonna ask it.

Is it possible that Maven2 has a problem with version range checks like

<version>[1.9.4.11, )</version>

In the Debug output I get this:

[DEBUG]   jide:jide-common:jar:1.9.3:compile (setting version to: 1.9.3
from range: [1.9.4.11,))

I also tried

<version>[1.9.4, )</version>

but as there is no version 1.9.4 to download, I does download it from
our repository?

Is this a known bug ( I couldn't find it on JIRA) ?
Is there a solution other than

        <version>[1.9.4.11]</version>

or copying the files for 1.9.4.11 to 1.9.4 ?
?

Thanks in advance

Mirko