Hi Thorsten,

this is not a junit test but a testng.
Transactions are handled in the testmethods themselves.
The error messages are not describing the real error.
The problem is that for some reason during the maven execution of the test.
Testng and the embeddable ejb container  have some conflicts but  I don't
see why
I  know this only by looking at the first  error  and  having commented out
a line in the second test (transaction.begin) than the second test fails by
stating that a session bean was not bound/found.

On 3/30/07, Thorsten Heit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Rolf,
> The errors i get are in the target/surefire-report dir in two files.
> i give the contents of the xml file

*snip*

>     <failure type="javax.naming.NameNotFoundException"
> message="EntityManagerFactories not bound">
> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: EntityManagerFactories not bound
>     at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:529)
>     at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:537)
>     at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:543)
>     at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:267)
>     at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:626)
>     at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:588)
>     at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
>     at auction.test.EJB3IntegrationTest.getEntityManagerFactory(
> EJB3IntegrationTest.java:133)
>     at auction.test.basic.PersistentStateTransitions.withoutEJBContainer
(
> PersistentStateTransitions.java:53)
> </failure>
>   </testcase>
>   <testcase time="0" name="withEJBContainer">
>     <failure type="javax.transaction.NotSupportedException"
> message="Transaction already active, cannot nest transactions.">
> javax.transaction.NotSupportedException: Transaction already active,
> cannot
> nest transactions.
>     at org.jboss.tm.TxManager.begin(TxManager.java:557)
>     at org.jboss.ejb3.embedded.UserTransactionImpl.begin(
> UserTransactionImpl.java:74)
>     at auction.test.basic.PersistentStateTransitions.withEJBContainer(
> PersistentStateTransitions.java:116)
> </failure>

*snip*

> It looks like the embedded container doesn't have what it needs to
startup
> properly but I don't have a clue what to look for

See the last message: There's still a transaction open in the actual
tested class that isn't closed when the next test method is executed. Are
you using overwritten implementations of #setUp() and #tearDown() in that
test class?

Have you tried using different fork mode for your tests?
(see
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/forking.html
)

HTH