Hi,

I have a pom that declares the resources in a build section and
re-declares the same resource directory in a profile, albeit with excludes.

Example:

<project ...>
  <build>
    <resources>
      <resource>
      </resource>
    </resources>
  </build>

  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id...>
      <build>
        <resources>
          <resource>
            <excludes>....</excludes>
          </resource>
        </resources>
      </build>
    </profile>
  </profiles>
</project

If I run help:effective-pom with the profile activated, I see the
resource directory added twice: one time without the excludes and one
time with the excludes. The resources plugin seems to pick up only the
first entry, effectively ignoring the filter.

Am I the only one who thinks that this behaviour is unexpected at least?
Should I file a Jira?

-dirk