From: Cristian D. Romanescu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 April 2007 17:25
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Newbie: running mvn test problem with configuration files and
current directory

Hello,

I just downloaded maven and played a little bit with it.
I have the following problem (maven 2.0.6):

project structure

.

src
|  main
|   |
|   java
|  test
|    java
|     |src
|     |resources
|       |myconfig.xml
pom.xml

When I run mvn test, everything works fine, sources are compiled,
resources are copied into test-classes etc.
When tests run, tests assumes that configuration file "config.xml" in
current directory, which is "." and resource file went to
./test-classes/config.xml.

I don't understand why current directory when running tests is not
"./test-classes/". What should I do? How to tell maven which
directory is current for runing tests? Or should I use another method to
load configuration file?

Thank you,
Cristian.

Here is my pom.xml

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";>
   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
   <groupId>ro.romanescu.eximius</groupId>
   <artifactId>eximius</artifactId>
   <packaging>jar</packaging>
   <version>1.0</version>
   <name>eximius</name>
   <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
   <build>
     <plugins>
       <plugin>
         <configuration>
           <source>1.5</source>
           <target>1.5</target>
         </configuration>
       </plugin>
     </plugins>
   </build>

   <dependencies>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>junit</groupId>
       <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
       <version>4.3.1</version>
       <scope>test</scope>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>log4j</groupId>
       <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
       <version>1.2.12</version>
       <scope>runtime</scope>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>dom4j</groupId>
       <artifactId>dom4j</artifactId>
       <version>1.6.1</version>
       <scope>runtime</scope>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>jaxen</groupId>
       <artifactId>jaxen</artifactId>
       <version>1.1</version>
       <scope>runtime</scope>
     </dependency>
   </dependencies>
</project>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this email in error, please
immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown.  This email
transmission may contain confidential information.  This information is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is intended
even if addressed incorrectly.  Please delete it from your files if you are not
the intended recipient.  Thank you for your compliance.  Copyright 2007 CIGNA