That'd be the maven-changes-plugin then:

  http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/

Pankaj Tandon wrote:
Thanks Dennis,
That was really helpful.
However, is there a report plugin that produces "release notes" as against a
change log.
Actually, I've seen the report such a plugin produces on the site of one of
the maven projects (maybe one of the plugins). I just can't seem to find it
now. The report has a bugs, enhancements, wishlist and a features section,
all broken out by release. This changelog plugin doesn't seem to produce
this kind of report.

Ofcourse, we are using the maven-release-plugin to produce the releases.

Any suggestions what plugin produces that report?

Thanks,
Pankaj

dennisl-2 wrote:
Pankaj Tandon wrote:
Hello,
I'd like to generate release notes as a part of my mvn site command.
If I annotate the site.xml with the following:

    <menu name="Maven 2.0">
      <item name="Introduction" href="index.html"/>
      <item name="Download" href="download.html"/>
      <item name="Release Notes" href="release-notes.html" />
      <item name="General Information" href="about.html"/>
      <item name="For Maven 1.0 Users" href="maven1.html"/>
      <item name="Road Map" href="roadmap.html" />
    </menu>

It certainly creates the menu correctly.
However, where is the plugin that will actually create the
release-notes.html?
I tried project-info-reports:scm but that looks like a dead-end to me as
far
as release note generation goes.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Pankaj
You might be looking for maven-changelog-plugin:

   http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changelog-plugin/

--
Dennis Lundberg

Dennis Lundberg