On 4/15/07, John Casey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Did you file a jira issue for this? If your assembly broke, then I'm
assuming there was some behavior change from 2.1 -> 2.2-beta-1 that got you
in trouble...I think that even if we're not going to fix it, we should have
some doco for it...

So, would you file a JIRA for this?

Thanks,

john

My first issue seems to be covered by an existing issue.  I am seeing
that for dependencies that I want unpacked into the assembly, the JAR
name is being used as part of the path - i.e. one-jar-boot-0.95.jar is
being unpacked into /one-jar-boot-0.95.jar/*.  This is covered by
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-179.

My second issue is a little odd.  The current project artifact is not
being included by my dependency set:

<dependencySet>
 <includes>
   <include>
     ${project.groupId}:${project.artifactId}
   </include>
 </includes>
 <outputDirectory>/main</outputDirectory>
 <unpack>false</unpack>
 <scope>runtime</scope>
</dependencySet>

This seems like it may be related to the current project's artifact
being associated with no scope, so maybe it's something I'm doing
wrong (I copied someone else's "one jar" assembly from the mailing
list archives, so maybe I don't fully understand it!).  Here's the
relevant log messages (from 2.2-beta-1):

---
[INFO] Processing DependencySet (output=/main)
[DEBUG] com.firstdata.fdcs:CryptoUtil:jar:1.3-SNAPSHOT (selected for null)
[DEBUG]   junit:junit:jar:3.8.1:compile (selected for compile)
[DEBUG]   log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.14:compile (selected for compile)
[DEBUG]   com.simontuffs:one-jar-boot:jar:0.95:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG] While resolving dependencies of
com.firstdata.fdcs:CryptoUtil:jar:1.3-SNAPSHOT:
[DEBUG] Statistics for Scope filter [compile=true, runtime=true,
test=false, provided=false, system=false]

[DEBUG] The following scope filters were not used:
o Test
o Provided
o System
[DEBUG] log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.14 was removed by one or more filters.
[DEBUG] com.simontuffs:one-jar-boot:jar:0.95 was removed by one or more filters.
[DEBUG] junit:junit:jar:3.8.1 was removed by one or more filters.
[DEBUG] Statistics for Includes filter:
o 'com.firstdata.fdcs:CryptoUtil'

[WARNING] The following patterns were never triggered in this artifact
inclusion filter:
o  'com.firstdata.fdcs:CryptoUtil'

[DEBUG] The following artifacts were removed by this artifact inclusion filter:
log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.14
com.simontuffs:one-jar-boot:jar:0.95
junit:junit:jar:3.8.1

---
The com.firstdata.fdcs:CryptoUtil artifact is copied into the /main
directory using 2.1, but with 2.2-beta-1 the /main directory is not
even created.

I'll see if I can make more sense of this and maybe create an example
project and create a JIRA for it.

Thanks,
Mark