Comments inline.

On 5/23/07, Ashwin E <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So you're saying that my maven project should be in the source
repository?A
source repository here is CVS or SubVersion?

Yes, Continuum will do the job of checking out all of the sources when you
add the Maven project, provided that the Maven project has the <scm> section
in it.  The <scm> section defines the location on where to checkout the
project.  For example, the pom.xml snippet shows that the Maven project will
be checked out by Continuum using "svn" from the url "
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/continuum/trunk";

<project>
 <scm>
   <connection>scm:svn:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/continuum/trunk</connection>
 </scm>
</project>

And to the 3rd question what i mean is.In the application there are constant
requests for changes and enhancements.so dev team submits changes in CVS
with the required tags.which're then checked out with the tags and then
deployed into the application.how do i do this sort of process using
maven/continuum?

If I understand correctly, your team is developing branches of the same
project.  If merging the code into a single location (trunk) isn't at all
possible, I recommend you to treat the branches as separate projects--with
separate Maven project descriptors (pom.xml) having different <scm>
definitions.