From: Alexander Sack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 4:03:51 PM
Subject: Re: Some guidance using EJB client dependencies

Remy and Marcel: Thanks!

I saw the JIRA below and feel this is royally bad for 2.0.6.  Guys, how the
heck am I suppose to use Maven for projects that need to define
ejb-clients?  Right now I would have to write some ugly ANT code to do all
the heavy lifting.

When is 2.0.7 due out?  I really need this fix badly.  I'm getting around
this in pure maven by just changing the packaging schemes which is not what
I wanted architecturally (including the ejb-jar in the EAR in order to avoid
classpath issues).

Marcel, can you be a little bit more specific in terms of what you want out
of the ejb-client dependencies functionality?  I'm curious on what you
mean.  Are you having problems with Maven including all of the dependencies
in your ejb-client jar instead of subset?  Why not just specify in the
project that some of those are scope provided and then use the manifest
configuration stuff to specify an exact Class-Path, etc.?  Again, just
curious....

Thanks!

-aps

--
"What lies behind us and what lies in front of us is of little concern to
what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson