Hi,

I'm using Maven version: 2.0.6.

My project has few modules; I created the parent pom.xml file, and
pom.xml for each module.

I'm able to compile the first module, but when I try to compile the
second module that depends on the first module jar file, I get the
following error:

[INFO] Building mbpa-dataaccess_impl
[INFO]    task-segment: [compile]
[INFO]
----
[INFO] [resources:resources]
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/mcd/7.0/mcd-7.0.p
om
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.maven.plugins
ArtifactId: mcd
Version: 7.0

  org.apache.maven.plugins:mcd:pom:7.0

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Whatever value I set for the gorupId, when I try to compile maven
attempts to download the needed .pom file, and it fails?

So, I'm not sure what to set the goupId to? And how to make maven
reference the jar that was built when it compiled the first module?

groupId - This element indicates the unique identifier of the
organization or group that created the project. The groupId is one of
the key identifiers of a project and is typically based on the fully
qualified domain name of your organization. For example
org.apache.maven.plugins is the designated groupId for all Maven
plugins.

Can someone let me know what I'm missing or doing wrong?

 Thanks,

    Sameh