On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 19:21 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
> Heinrich Nirschl on 15/06/07 18:35, wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 23:07 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
> >> I thought I'd post a more generic description since it seems no-one else
> >> recognises the problem.
> >>
> >> Can't find any references to it in the JIRA or on the mailing list or in
> >> fact
> >> just generally by googling (there is some stuff but it was for mvn 1.1 and
> >> fixed).
> >>
> >> Using the src/main/javadoc directory for package.html files just doesn't
> >> work.
> >>
> >> Does anyone successfully process their package.html and images etc from
> >> src/main/javadoc? I'd be interested to hear.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Adam
> >>

> > Yes, this works here (Java 5, Maven 2.0.6, javadoc plugin 2.2). At least
> > the package.html bit, I did not try images. There is an issue with
> > aggregated documentation
> > ( http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-118 ) but this should not
> > apply to your case.
>
> Henry,
>
> how are you specifying the maven-javadoc-plugin config?
>
> Do you have the src/main/javadoc directory declared in <sourcepath/> or in
> <javadocDirectory/> or not declared at all?

I do not declare the src/main/javadoc anywhere. It works out of the box.
By the way, am working on Linux, this may also be relevant.

> I realised that javadoc would have no problem processing the package.html
> files
> if I declared the src/main/javadoc in the <sourcepath/> but that is just a
> work-around, since it would make <javadocDirectory/> redundant - or am I
> missing
> something?

You may experiment with the debug parameter of the javadoc plugin. This
will reveal the javadoc command actually used. Maybe you can find out
why your setup does not work.

> Thanks for the pointer to the bug. I tried using the src/main/javadoc dir
> structure in a multi-module project and the directory wasn't processed,
> unfortunately. You say you are using plugin 2.2 but the fix for the bug is in
> 2.3 - so you must be using src/main/javadoc only in the parent project?

I don't use aggregation for the moment (until version 2.3 is out). If
this is too inconvenient, I just put package.html below src/main/java.
Your approach with the sourcepath seems more elegant.

- Henry