Heinrich Nirschl on 22/06/07 16:59, wrote:
On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 23:22 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
I couldn't get it to work. I am glad it doesn't affect you, but I found nothing to explain why. BTW I am on linux too.

I filed the bug http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-129 with a testcase.

I tried your test case, but I get a stack trace from javadoc after a few
error messages (this is with java version 1.5.0_11):

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.tools.javadoc.ClassDocImpl
        at
com.sun.tools.javadoc.AnnotationDescImpl.annotationType(AnnotationDescImpl.java:46)
        at
com.sun.tools.doclets.internal.toolkit.util.Util.isDeprecated(Util.java:804)

That's right. It's the junit annotations in the unit test class that javadoc can't handle because the junit.jar is not passed to javadoc in the classpath. I don't think javadoc should react like this, it should handle it more gracefully. Here's a link to the bug at Sun (not mine!):

Adam