From: "Craig Ching" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:52:49 -0500
Subject: Re: OSGi bundles as dependencies

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the response, I very much appreciate the conceptual
information.
However, being a bit new to maven, I am looking for a more practical,
though
obviously less than ideal, solution to my problem, e.g. possibly a
cookbook
example or even just a nudge in the right direction (e.g. I did see
someone
post a vague reference to using the maven-dependency-plugin and maybe
some
ant plugin to unzip the dependency, but it was a bit hard to follow how
that
was all put together or even if that was the right first-step to
pursue).
Maybe just treating the individual jar files in the bundles as the
dependencies is the way I should go and build up the structure that the
BIRT
viewer needs?

I would absolutely love to see first-class support for OSGi bundle
dependencies, possibly even a BIRT maven plugin would help immensely,
but
I'd assumed nothing like that was available when my google searches
didn't
turn up much information ;-)

Thanks!

Cheers,