AFAIK this can only be done with the antrun plugin.

Ahmet Aytekin wrote:
Hi,

Did you find an answer for your problem below? I am trying to do the same thing here. I 'd appreciate it if anyone can answer this.

Regards,

geirgp wrote:
Thanks for replying, but I can't see how configuring this plugin can help me copy a file during the process-sources phase. What I need is something that copies "config-customer1.xml" to "config.xml", and as far as I can see this
plugin only handles inclusion/exclusion of files within a resource
directory.

Maria Odea Ching-2 wrote:

You may want to take a look at this..
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/examples/include-exclude.html

Btw, the resources:resources goal of the maven-resources-plugin is already bound to Maven's process-resources phase so when you do' mvn install', its already executed.. you need not execute 'mvn resources:resources'.

-Deng

Geir Gullestad Pettersen wrote:
Is there a plugin to copy a specified file during the build process?

In src/main/resources I have "config-customer1.xml", "config-customer2.xml", "...3" and so on.. Depending on which profile I activate when running Maven I need one of these files to be copied to "src/main/resources/config.xml" so that the correct config for the given customer is used. Is that possible?