hallo

well parent poms and relative paths. a long story.

have you issued the site command from the sub-modules?
but the release is done from the parent pom?

it seems the checkstyle plugin is not aware of that difference and is looking at the wrong location.

i do both site and release from the the parent pom and it works this way. but single module builds fail in my case.

Jon Strayer schrieb:
I have a parent pom that all my projects inherent.   It configures the
checkstyle plugin like this:

               <configuration>
                   <configLocation>
                       ../theteam/checkstyle.xml
                   </configLocation>
                   <headerLocation>
                       ../theteam/header.txt
                   </headerLocation>
               </configuration>

This works fine when I use "mvn site", but when I use "mvn release:prepare"
I get this error"

 Embedded error: Error rendering Maven report: Unable to find configuration
file location.
 Unable to find location '../theteam/checkstyle.xml' as URL, File or
Resource.

So, why can it find it for the first command but not the second?