hi,

i was looking for a possibility to include/exclude (and filter) my resources depending on the value of a property. reading around in different documents and tutorials i found out that i can filter my resources using system properties.

so far so good, but what i couldn't find out is, how to set this system property to a default value within the pom file if it wasn't specified on the command line (afaik one can only specify/create project properties but not system properties in the pom file under build/properties right?), or fail to execute any lifecycle if said property was not specified. what i don't want is to have maven look for resources like ${failed.to.specify.property}.

is there a way to do this?

oh and a second question.
how do i exclude all subdirectories of a directory in the resources but still include the directory i'm in?
<excludes>
<exclude>mydirwithsubdirs/**/*.*</exclude>
</excludes>

also excludes 'mydirwithsubdirs' and all its containing files. problem is, i don't know/want to explicitely specify the names of all subdirs in the pomfile.

thanks in advance!

cheers,
severin