On 7/11/07, Rémy Sanlaville <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, I have added this and works.

Happy to see that it works :-)

Yesm it works but is not a suitable solution. I explain you why...

I still have one question unresolved:
> why to download artifact defined as dependency from my company repo I
> just need to add the <repository> in my pom (or in settings.xml) while
> when the artifact to download is the parent project I need to specify
> the mirror?

It's difficult to give an answer. I need to know your configuration
(configuration of your
maven 2 proxy, your parent pom...).

My company repo is *not* a mirror :|
So if I left it specified as a mirror in settings.xml, I am no more
able to download from official repo!
So is not possible to let it.

I think that in your parent pom you define some repositories which are used
to found your dependencies. But for the parent pom you need to specify where
to found it.

in both parent pom and project pom I define my company repo as
distribution server and as repository:

        <distributionManagement>
                <repository>
                        <id>sourcesense</id>

<url>dav:https://dev.sourcesense.com/repos/dev/maven2</url>
                </repository>
        </distributionManagement>

        <repositories>
                <repository>
                        <id>sourcesense</id>

<url>dav:https://dev.sourcesense.com/repos/dev/maven2</url>
                </repository>
        </repositories>

Maybe a issue related to dav?

I remember you the log, as you can see maven does not even try to
download the parent pom from my company repo, goes directly on repo1.
After he said he had tried, but we know this is not true.

I am thinking this is a issue, maybe just of dav plugin, maybe of maven.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/sourcesense/alfresco/alfresco-base/1.0/alfresco-base-1.0.pom
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: com.sourcesense.alfresco
ArtifactId: alfresco-base
Version: 1.0

 com.sourcesense.alfresco:alfresco-base:pom:1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
 sourcesense (dav:https://dev.sourcesense.com/repos/dev/maven2)