It looks like you have a SSO for your browsers but not for the wget.

You have to provide your proxy and the authentication.

>>> "Robin Rigby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 07/20/07 2:30  >>>
Thanks for your help.  No, "mvn -U ..." has the same problem.  So does "mvn
clean".  Only "mvn --version is OK".

I don't think this is a transitory problem.  It has been 36 hours now.

- Summary -----------

Maven seems to fail when looking for

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.pom

The file is there -  I can read it with Firefox or Internet Explorer but
wget fails with a 403 error.

However, wget has no problem reading other files such as

http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html

- End summary ---------

Baffled.  Something on the server?

I am going back to a fresh installation of Maven.

Thanks for your help.

Robin