It did not work, but pehaps I'm doing something wrong, because it still
wants a jar. I added an appropriately named "empty jar" (manifest only)
and even tried putting the pom in the jar.

For now, I must put it on the back burner and deal with production issues
(this counts as R&D).

Thanks anyway for taking the time to answer.

Robert Egan

This email message and any attachments may contain confidential,
proprietary or non-public information.  The information is intended solely
for the designated recipient(s).  If an addressing or transmission error
has misdirected this email, please notify the sender immediately and
destroy this email.  Any review, dissemination, use or reliance upon this
information by unintended recipients is prohibited.  Any opinions
expressed in this email are those of the author personally.