Hi,

the "mvn site:site" creates the site for each module in
${module}/target/site directory

all created links in each site don't work because they reflect the future
deployed site architecture, not the current directories architecture.

the "mvn site:stage" command creates the site in a local directory to test
it in local as if it has deployed.

To work fine, you must create and deploy the site with
<distributionManagement> section in your root pom as :

<distributionManagement>
                <site>
                        <id>mysite</id>
                        <name>Maven ProjectWebsite</name>
                        <url>file:///c:\temp</url>
                </site>
        </distributionManagement>

and the "mvn site:site site:deploy" command