On 8/24/07, Zarick Lau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Users and Developers,
>
> In a multi-module project (1 parent with 2 sub-module),
> sub-module-b deps on sub-module-a, when I run maven under
> the top-level (parent),
>
> mvn process-resources
>
> Maven will try to grab sub-module-a from repository, as I
> haven't install / deploy sub-module-a, the build failed.
>
> However, if I invoke maven with:
>
> mvn package
>
> The whole build completed without error..
>
> Any clues why this strange behavior happens?

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html

However you need "install" to get your artifacts into the local
repository and package is _prior_ to install.

It doesn't make sense that process-resources should work when package does.

Maybe one of your plugins is failing because it is being run in a
phase before process-resources but requires some resolution available
in a later phase.

Can you paste the error message?