Do you have more than one item in your settings.xml with id cedarsoftWeb? I have encountered the problem when I also had a mirror or repository with the same id, then it wouldn't find the password. My solution was to postfix all my servers with ".server" (i.e. cedarsoftWeb.server) and use that in distributionManagement.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

Johannes Schneider wrote:
Hi,

I use the following to deploy my site:

pom.xml:

<distributionManagement>
    <site>
      <id>cedarsoftWeb</id>
      <name>Cedarsoft Web</name>

<url>scp://cedarsoft.org/var/customers/webs/jschneider/cedarsoft.org</url>
    </site>
</distributionManagement>

my settings.xml looks like that:

 <servers>
    <server>
      <id>cedarsoftWeb</id>
      <username>johannes</username>
      <password>mySecretPassword</password>
    </server>
  </servers>

When I try to site-deploy, Maven asks for my password interactivly.... Any suggestions?

ssh -l johannes cedarsoft.org works with the given password...

Regards,

Johannes Schneider