Hello all,

I am using Maven2 on Windows XP

Lets say that I have this property in my pom.xml file:

<log.app.directory>${basedir}${file.separator}log${file.separator}</log.app.directory>

This property is being used to write the location of a directory for
holding log files, to a log4j.xml file.

Now when I run some code to write to the log file, I get a file in the
${basedir} of the project called:

      devworkspacearchetypesTestlogSimpleTest21-1.0-SNAPSHOT_test.log

(which contains the contents of the log file...)

Sure this works, but it isn't really what I had in mind.

Rather I'd like the log file to be written to the ${basedir}/log of my project.

I looked in my ${basedir}/target/test-classes/log4j.xml and the value
which is generated for the output of the logfile is:

C:\dev\workspace\archetypesTest\log\SimpleTest21-1.0-SNAPSHOT_test.log

My question is,

does it need to be?

C:\\dev\\workspace\\archetypesTest\\log\\SimpleTest21-1.0-SNAPSHOT_test.log

And how can I do this without destorying the portability to linux by
adding two ${file.seprator}'s?

Thank you,
    Andrew J. Leer