Hi Thorsten!

 I'm trying to remember exactly what the issues that came up while having
maven and eclipse build to the same location, but I can't remember specifics
other than one tool or the other would get confused if the other changed the
source.  It was at least 6 months ago and I didn't document it. :-(

Thanks for the code snip-it.  I tried that and cannot get it to work even
though it *looks* like it should.
This is a snip of the debug output:
[DEBUG]   (s) warSourceDirectory = c:\path\to\war-project\src\main\webapp
[DEBUG]   (s) directory = c:\path\to\war-project/src/main/webapp
[DEBUG]   (s) excludes = [WEB-INF/classes/**]

One thing that I did notice is that I had locked down to version 2.0 in some
of my original tests.  I removed the <version/> tag but still no luck. :-(

Thanks for your time!
Jim