Yes there is: ${parent.basedir} should be the one you need....
Be carefull though, if your child-project are deeper than one level, you
should use ${parent.parent.basedir} (and so on).

Isn't it possible for you to make a dependency of some kind to the
tools-project? Or build your tools as maven-plugins, that way you won't need
the variables!

On Tuesday 11 September 2007 09:22, Huang, Yan wrote:
> I have a "tools" directory under "parent" and the children projects need
> to invoke commands under "tools" during the phase of code generation. I
> want to provide an absolute path to that "${parent}/tools" so that each
> child can invoke from there.
>
> Or is there other better way to solve it? is there really a ${parent}
> property tag in maven?

Roland Asmann

CFC Informationssysteme Entwicklungsgesellschaft m.b.H
Bäckerstrasse 1/2/7
A-1010 Wien
FN 266155f, Handelsgericht Wien

Tel.: +43/1/513 88 77 - 27