$ mvn eclipse:m2clipse
seems to works really well for me in Eclipse3.3. It creates a
M2Libraries that automatically loads the jars into eclipse classpath.

The only trouble I have is if I want my project to have WTP nature
enable... I've used
$ mvn eclipse:m2clipse -Dwtpversion=1.5
but then I have to do some manual clean up before able to run(like
enable M2LIB in J2EE modules in project settings.). I guess it's not
up to date.

-Z

On 9/14/07, Alexander Vaisberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You must this dependency to the pom add.
>
> zm schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anyone help me with the best way to setup a Maven/Eclipse environment? I
> > know there is a goal to produce an eclipse project with the pom, but I'm
> > trying to understand how to create one at hand, customise and include it's
> > dependencies.
> >
> > I have created 2 projects, "appTest" and "appCommon". The main project is
> > "appTest" that depends on "appCommon".
> >
> > The source directories are the default Maven (src/main/java) and that
> > directory is configured as "source" in eclipse, so it can compile the code.
> >
> > Then I've configured a specific directory "build" (same level as the "src"
> > above), that eclipse will use to put the compiled classes (this folder will
> > be ignored for SVN/CVS integration).
> >
> > Everything looks great, and works nicelly. Or so it seems ...
> >
> > No let's say I put a dependency on version Log4J 1.0. I make some code
> > accessing it, then eclipse will just mark it as invalid, since the Log4J is
> > not in it's classpath. Maven, on the other end, downloads it from central
> > repository and compiles successfully.
> >
> > Now what would be the best way to put it to compile in eclipse?
> >
> > The way I see it, I can include it in the project's classpath, and point it
> > to the local repository jar that maven just downloaded.
> >
> > Would this be the best option?

/bugslayer