Wayne,

I'm using Maven for a commercial project and I'm making a release build.
I believe our test dependencies should be excluded from the release build,
since the customer will/should never run the tests. So this is why I would
need the "all but test" scope.

In the source of the maven-dependency-plugin, I saw that you cannot exclude
the test scope, as ScopeArtifactFilter does not support it.
When I tried to work around it, I got a stack trace with the given pom.
(please see link).

http://www.nabble.com/file/p12752781/stack_trace.txt stack_trace.txt
Regards,
Clara