This is not a comparison to other options, but from my perspective I would
say standardization of code artifacts and structure, advanced dependency
management, descriptive vs. programmatic builds, enforcement of enterprise
conventions through super pom's, rich plugin ecosystem, project site that
allows open visibility into build and build-related operations (testing
results, code coverage, code quality, etc), integration into enterprise
build and deployment tools.

Tony