Depending on which technology stack you are using you may have hard time to
sell this migration, especially if you're building J2EE apps mixing EJBs and
webapps deployed on a commercial platform.

Make sure you don't propose only a tool (maven) but rather a full development
environment with a repository manager hosted in your intranet, a continuous
integration server on top of maven, project web sites, guidelines, etc...

I have sold it to my management by proposing what I called a "software factory"
to homogenize our dev environment and enable developers to switch more easily
and faster between projects and re-use components. This argument is usually
relevant for managers as they tend to think that developers as resources that
can be switched between projects.
Management may not be very sensible to dependency management or other technical
arguments.

Cheers,

Gael