I tried using "mvn site:stage" and it placed the staged site under
target/staging and the links to the subprojects seem like they should
work and it looks like the files for the subprojects are being generated
but not in the staging directory. Therefore the links to the subprojects
still don't work.  Is there something I need to add or remove from the
subproject POMs?  Where should I look for documentation on this?

Here is a sample of a subproject pom.xml I'm using:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project>
        <parent>
                <artifactId>mmtps</artifactId>