If I understand Maven correclty (I'm quite a newbie),
there can only be one plugin of the same groupId /
artifactId in the plugins element.
If you have multiple execution elements you should put
them together in <executions>.

So your pom.xml should rather loog like :
<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.axway</groupId>
  <artifactId>SimpleMavenProject</artifactId>
  <version>1.0</version>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <name>A Simple Maven Test Project</name>

  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>integration</id>
      <activation>
        <property>
          <name>integration</name>
        </property>
      </activation>
      <build>
        <plugins>
          <plugin>

            <executions>
              <execution>
                <id>build-jar</id>
                <goals>
                  <goal>jar</goal>
                </goals>
              </execution>
              <execution>
                <id>sign-jar</id>
                <configuration>
                  <alias>myalias</alias>
                  <storepass>mypass</storepass>

<keystore>/path/to/my/keystore</keystore>
                </configuration>
                <goals>
                  <goal>sign</goal>
                </goals>