Were configuring our first Maven project and wondering if we have the
right approach.

Were using Maven2, Subversion accessible via WebDAV, Eclipse with both
Subclipse and Maven2Eclipse plugin.

We created a new Maven2 project in Eclipse.
We have an existing project structure that we want to convert to Maven 2
and check in to the repository so we can then check it out and work on
it in Eclipse.
In eclipse it seems you can only check out from the repository "As a new
project" - if we do this then we don't get the Maven2 structure.
One alternative is to create the Maven2 project structure import the src
code from the filesystem and then commit the whole project to Subversion
- but ths also commits the target dir and all the compiled classes which
to my mind shouldn't live in the repository.

Whats the right way to use Maven2, Subversion and Eclipse.

Thanks

Simon

Simon Taylor
Service Tools Solutions (STS) Engineer