Did you change the dependency scope from "runtime" (default) to "provided" ?

It is quite usual not to package JDBC jars into the WAR file, but to
have them deployed in the application server. For example, in Tomcat,
you'll have them in "$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib".

Good luck

  Guillaume

--
Jabber : [EMAIL PROTECTED]