a picture speak thousand words. I've tried to build my own project
externally (maven 2.0.7) and everything seems to work as expected.
I get the test error hyperlinked in output, I get the test failure
stacktrace hyperlinked, I even get the JUnit window output if I trigger the
"Test project"  action.

So there must be something different about your setup in comparison to mine.
Please file a bug at jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEVENIDE with a sample project
demonstating the problem attached or with detailed description of your
setup.

Milos Kleint