The eclipse plugin (not sure other IDE-plugins do same) will run a pre-build
(generate-resources phase) to let all code-generator declare
compileSourceRoots. This also aplies to maven-helper-plugin.

Based on this you MAY use whatever generate folder you like. The
"convention" is to use
target/generated-sources/generator-name, as it was required with maven1 IDE
plugins to detect generated source folders.

Nico.