On Jan 2, 2008 3:07 PM, Evan Worley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Try changing the update policy in your pluginRepository to "always".  I am
> not positive how this policy works with respect to resolving new plugins (as
> opposed to updating an existing), but might be worth a try.

Evan,

It's my understanding that all information about the central
repository is hard coded into Maven.  I'm not sure how to make the
change you are recommending.

Also, I've gone more carefully over the debug log and found this message:

[DEBUG] repository metadata for: 'artifact
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-taglib-plugin' could not be found on
repository: central

Could this be the problem?

Dmitry