The fix version in the jira is 2.1-alpha-1. Mystery solved....

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomasz Pik [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 7:36 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Existance of ZIP Archetype? | How to distribute DB code to
different mvn modules?

On Jan 4, 2008 12:53 PM, Jeff MAURY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Use the zip packaging in your POM

hm, according to http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1683 there should
be 'zip' packaging.
But:
$ cat pom.xml
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>a.b.c</groupId>
  <artifactId>d</artifactId>
  <packaging>zip</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

</project>

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/xip
$ mvn -U package
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Building Unnamed - a.b.c:d:zip:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]    task-segment: [package]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Cannot find lifecycle mapping for packaging: 'zip'.
Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMappingzip.
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Jan 04 13:09:56 CET 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M

shows that such packaging is not supported.

Anyone knows what should I do to make it working?

Thanks,
Tomek