From: amit kumar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 1/9/2008 8:16 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: How to avoid transitive Dependencies getting packaged

The one reason at the moment of not including the transitive dependencies is
the redundant jar files in the lib folder of the packaged WAR.
For instance in the lib folder of the WAR i can see
commons-logging-1.0.4(transitive
dependency of something which I am not able to figure out even after using
-X with maven goal) and commons-logging-1.1(explicit in the pom.xml). And
there were some more similar occurrences like that of two versions of spring
hibernate etc.

Regards,
Amit