From: amit kumar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 1:53 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: How to avoid transitive Dependencies getting packaged

Vishal:
you can use
<dependency>
<groupId>A</groupId>
<artifactId>A</artifactId>
<exclusions>
<exclusion>
<groupId></groupId>
<artifactId><artifactId>
</exclusion>
<exclusions>
</dependency>
in exclusion you can specify the dependencies of A. As per my knowledge
there would be one exclusion tag for each dependency.
This is the only method I know by now.

Nick: I am using Maven 2.0.7. And surprisingly I have used mvn site also
track the dependencies, but commons-logging-1.0.4 appears no where but
straight in the WEB-INF folder. Not able to figure out where is it
coming
from.

Regards,
Amit

On Jan 9, 2008 1:03 PM, Vishal Pahwa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have also similar kind of problem and needs an effective solution.
>
> Problem: Let's say we have one custom module for creating jar file
let's
> the name of the jar file is A.jar and that module is dependent upon
> let's say 10 third party jars.
>
> Now i have one module for creating war file and i need to add A.jar in
> the lib directory of this war file, but i dont require theses 10 jars
on
> which A.jar is dependent so how can i resist these unwanted jars to
pack
> inside lib directory of the war file. The problem may not be exactly
> same but yes the scenario is pretty much similar.
>
> So could anyone please tell me how to avoid these transitive
> dependencies to get intrude in the lib directory of the war file.
>
> Regards
>
> Vishal.

WEB-INF\lib