Hi Stephen -

Thanks for your reply. Those euro-cents are worth a a lot more than my $.02.

I'm leaning toward option #1.

To clarify, I wasn't planning on rebuilding the jar from the source, just
taking the SNAPSHOT jar from the public repo.  In fact, I don't intend to
ever have to do this again because the particular plugin is no longer under
development (there was never an official, non SNAPSHOT release).  But point
taken, if we were using a different SNAPSHOT plugin, then we might want to
version a newer SNAPSHOT.  I plan on using the version "2.0-mycompany-1".

Are the steps that I described sufficient for changing the version number in
the jar, or is it really necessary to build from the source?  I would rather
not spend time/effort rebuilding something from the source when the artifact
is already being used.

Ken