We're doing just that on the project I am working on; no version specified in the child POMs, and it gets inherited from the parent POM.

So since the child modules get the version implicitly, it should work just referring to ${project.version}? (haven't tried it myself)

-Rune

Erez Nahir wrote:
IMHO it should even be easier, just remove the <version> tag from the child
poms.
It will inherit the version from the parent.

Erez.