Benoit Decherf wrote:
Paul Gier wrote:
Sorry, I was thinking you were using svn.  Maybe you should convert ;)
Yes, when I said the code is the same, I meant your project code minus the changes to the pom.

So maybe you would need to do something like
1. checkout the tag
2. make a branch
3. check the code from the tag into the branch
4. make the changes to the pom.

Then run your maven release.  I agree this is not a very nice process.

Why so complicated?
1. checkout the tag
2. run maven release
That will do. The release will package the files you've just checked out into the release and will tag these versions as the release version.

Stefan

--
best regards,

Stefan Seidel