From: Michael Heß [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:34 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: dependency:unpack vs. eclipse:eclipse

Hi list,

I've been searching and fiddling around all day, with no success so far.
So this is my only hope of finding an answer.

My basic setup looks like the following:

I have an artifact which creates a ZIP-assembly. Lets call it
artifact-resources.zip

Furthermore I have anotherArtifact which depends on
artifact-resources.zip. As the name states, the artifact does not contain
any sources, but resources. These resources I want to have unpacked and
filtered during anotherArtifacts build. So what I did, was to add a
dependency-plugin-configuration to anotherArtifacts pom.xml, and I bound
it to the generate-resources phase. At that point everything was still
fine. My build went all the way through, the resources got unpacked and
filtered, and were used correctly afterwards as the build lifecycle went
on.

Then I wanted to use maven-eclipse-plugin on anotherArtifact. At that
point, I ran into the problem, that dependency:unpack fails, because
eclipse:eclipse seems to trigger it in the "CLI" way. Although I do not
really know what it maven internally means, I did as I was told in the
maven-dependency-plugin faq, and removed my execution entries out of the
configuration. This fixed the eclipse:eclipse problem.

But, now this again leads to the following problems:
Since my maven-dependency-plugin configuration is no longer bound to any
specific phase it should run during process-sources. At least the plugins
documentation says so. But it does not, I don't know why.

So, right now my conclusion for today is (and I really do hope someone can
prove me wrong):

Either - I can have dependency:unpack attached to a specific phase
OR     - I can have eclipse:eclipse working

As stated before. I spent the whole afternoon trying things out. Although
I probably learned a lot, I'm desperate for help. I really do not have any
more ideas what to do.

Thanks for reading all this, and maybe providing any insight.

bye, Michael