Julien Graglia wrote:
I am looking for an install framework able to create Windows install.

I currently have selected 3 possibilities : InstallShield, InnoSetup and
NSIS (1)

We are very happy with IZPack [a]. Using it from Ant is a breeze. A JIRA ticket with a Maven2 plugin is also available [b], although I've never used it.

[a] http://izpack.org/
[b] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-277

hth,

Manos

There is a maven plugin (2) for NSIS, but it seems to be stuck in maven
1(reference for maven 1 in the pom).
Is it useable in maven2?

mvn nsis:installer does not work, neither mvn
maven:maven-nsis-plugin:2.1:installer

err:   java.lang.IllegalStateException: The PluginDescriptor for the
plugin Plugin [maven:maven-nsis-plugin] was not found.

Thx,

1: http://nsis.sourceforge.net/
2 : http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/maven/maven-nsis-plugin/2.1/