I'm talking about actually modifying the WSDL plugin code itself so it
adds the WSDL XML files to your project automatically.

This thread should be useful to you -- find it on Nabble:
from   Kallin Nagelberg
to   users@maven.apache.org
date  Dec 19, 2007 10:17 PM
subject  generated sources convention