Martin Höller wrote:

I just noticed that the maven-eclipse-plugin (2.5-SNAPHSOT) writes a MANIFEST.MF output to src/main/webapp/META-INF when mvn eclipse:eclipse is called for a web-application.

Is this behaviour intentional? I wouldn't expect maven or any plugin to write something into src/main.

Is your project marked as a pde project?

If the MANIFEST.MF is needed by eclipse, couldn't it be written to target/ and eclipse be configured to use that instead, just as it happens for EARs?

Not practically, no. Eclipse does not have a clear distinction between "source" directories and "target" directories, so you need to modify the files where they lie, which can be annoying, particularly for Eclipse plugin builds.

Regards,
Graham