[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
What exactly are you looking for help with?

Converting the project.xml into pom.xml?
Analyzing your dependencies to see what is actually needed?
Something else entirely?

Wayne

Well, a converter from project.xml to pom.xml would be a first start,
then, yes, something to analyze the depependencies, to tell me which
dependencies are simply transitive dependencies -
example - if I had a maven 1project with dependencies a, b, c, and this analyzer
tells me that b needs c, I could realize that a needs be and b needs c ->
transitive.
But how could I find out which dependencies are not used at all anymore?

You can use the dependency-plugin for this. The following command will analyze the dependencies for your Maven 2 project and tell you what dependencies can be removed and what dependencies should be added.

mvn dependency:analyze

And is there a way to tell maven to just retrieve the newest version from the
repo? I know there is dependencymanagement, which I am using at great extend,
is there a way / shouldn't it be possible to just leave the version number, so
that maven retrieves the newest version of this dependeny?
As I am doing a big step anyway - moving to maven 2 - I think I could just as
well do a big clean up and also update all dependencies were possible.

Thanks,

Stefanie

--
Dennis Lundberg